Dr. Willie Mae Hawkins
Dr. Willie Mae Hawkins
- Formed Community Ministries, Inc. a 501(c)3 organization and implementing community projects.
- Formed Spring, Inc.- A National Single Parenting Ministry, assisting churches and community organization to strengthen the single parent family through workshops and seminars.
- Formed She Builds a Vineyard: Mentoring Program for Women and Teenage Girls, out of her doctoral studies
- Served as a hospital chaplain providing pastoral care and counseling to patients, family members and staff. Her clinical areas included the psychiatric and substance abuse hospital, counseling center, Ob-Gyn and birthing center, and a surgical section of the hospital. Received 3 Clinical Pastoral Education units
- Served as a Mental Health Therapist to adult and children
- Served as a Regional Women’s Ministry Consultant in the United Church of Christ (UCC), serving over 219 churches and more than 20,000 women
- Served as Employment Career Specialist, Workforce Developer, Case Manager for Higher Education
- Advocate for members in the local community, single parent families and women in general, college students, those who were once incarcerated, domestic violence survivors, homeless, and others who seek justice
- Published several books: She Builds a Vineyard: A Single Parent’s Transformational Journey, a spiritual autobiography, How to Establish Spiritual Transformation in a Single Parent Home
- Published a #1 bestselling book, 'Building a Vineyard: 7 Steps toward a Greater Purpose
- Hosted spiritual and community TV shows in Raleigh, NC
- Serves as Adjunct Professor
- Provides Advocacy, Coaching and Therapeutic Services
Dr. Hawkins has earned degrees, certification and membership in the following...
- Doctor of Ministry, Leadership and Renewal, Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA.
- Masters of Divinity, Samuel Dewitt Proctor School of Theology, Virginia Union University, Richmond, VA
- Bachelor Science, Business Administration, Barton College, Wilson, NC
- Applied Associate Degree, Business Computer Programming, Nash Community College, Rocky Mount, NC
- Also studied at United Theological Seminary, Dayton, Ohio; East Carolina University, Greenville, NC; and NC State University, Raleigh, NC
- Certified Professional Life Coach, Certified Life Coach Institute, CA
- Member of Association of Clinical Pastoral Education
- Member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Member of Ordain Clergy Women, Southern Conference, United Church of Christ